The Nippon Foundation is making the utmost effort to ensure and enhance the accessibility of its official website in accordance with “JIS X 8341-3:2016 Guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities – Information and communications equipment, software and services – Part 3: Web content.” JIS stands for “Japanese Industrial Standards”.
Scope of compliance
The entire* Nippon Foundation official website: http://www.nippon-foundation.or.jp/
- Excluding the Let’s Tree Fund Web page (http://www.nippon-foundation.or.jp/what/projects/lets_tree/)
Targeted compliance level
Compliance to Level AA of JIS X8341-3:2016.
- The term “compliance” as used in this Web Accessibility Policy refers to the “JIS X8341-3:2016 Compliance Level Indication Guidelines for Web Content, March 2016 Edition” published by the Web Accessibility Infrastructure Committee of the Info-communication Access Council.
Schedule for target completion
|By April 2016||Release of the Web Accessibility Policy, and Level A compliance for the key 46 Web pages of the website (including 10 PDF files).|
|By June 2016||Level AA compliance for all Web pages on the website with the exception of the below categories and following Exceptions:
|By August 2016||Level AA compliance for the entire website, except for the following Exceptions.|
The following items are considered exceptions owing to the difficulty of updating the content for the following reasons:
- Graphics and video content for which the original data no longer exists (and thus cannot be modified)
- Some content in PDF format
- Some content provided by external services
Known issues at this time and measures to deal with them
Based on tests conducted in March 2016, we are aware of the following issues regarding the official website:
- Document structure and tags
- Logical order of the information and the order adopted by screen readers
- Provision of alt text to identify graphic files
- Minimum contrast for text and graphic text
The Foundation is committed to making the utmost effort to ensure accessibility within the target scope defined by this policy for Web pages to be published after application of the policy, as well as Web pages that have already been published.
Update history of this policy
- April 1, 2016: Release of Web Accessibility Policy
- April 1, 2016: Release of test results (Web page format) for the key 46 Web pages (including 10 PDF files) of the official website
- June 1, 2016: Release of test results for all Web pages (excluding content that are applicable as exceptions) with the exception of the following categories in the official website (in a set of Web pages format)
- August 1, 2016: Release of test results for Web pages under News category (excluding content that are applicable as exemptions) in the official Website (in a set of Web pages format)
The Nippon Foundation
- 1-2-2 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8404