Completion Ceremony of Shelters for IDPs in Myitkyina, Kachin
Location: Tatkone Sanpra Baptist Church relocation camp, Kachin State, Myanmar
The Nippon Foundation will hold a ceremony in Tatkone Sanpra Baptist Church relocation camp to mark the completion of shelters for IDPs in Myitkyina, Kachin state. 32 households currently living in a temporary camp will be located to a commodious land and will receive vocational training.
H.E. Japanese Ambassador Ichiro Maruyama and The Nippon Foundation Executive Director Yuji Mori will join the ceremony with our local partner, Kachin Baptist Convention.
Reference: Detail of our support to IDPs in Kachin State (300,000 USD)
- Shelter with attached kitchen –32 units (Myitkyina), 44 units (To Be Decided)
- Bathing Place, 4” tube well – 2 units each
- 4 units of septic tank latrine – 2 sets
- Overhead water storage tank – 1 unit
- Vocational Training (Seaving, Bamboo handicraft, Aluminum, Bakery, Furniture Making)
Reference: Peace Building Support in Myanmar by The Nippon Foundation
The Nippon Foundation has been working with the Government of Myanmar, ethnic armed organizations in Myanmar and the Government of Japan since 2012 to achieve peace in Myanmar. We have been doing this by three ways:
- Promoting confidence-building and dialogue between the Government of Myanmar and ethnic armed organizations,
- Distributing approximately USD 21 million of food and other humanitarian assistance to the conflict-affected people, and
- Rehabilitation Programme that started in March 1, 2016, to build houses, schools, and other facilities of approximately USD 36 Million for conflict-affected people in Kayin State, Mon State, and Tanintharyi Region.
This project of relocation and vocational training is the first Rehabilitation Programme in Kachin state for The Nippon Foundation.
Schedule (Myanmar Time, as of 5th July 2019)
|15th July||09:00||Completion Ceremony＠Tatkone Sanpra Baptist Church relocation camp (Plus code: C9PP+WW Myitkyina, Myanmar)|
|10:30||Visit Janmai IDP Camp|
- Detailed information will be provided to the members of the media who have contacted The Nippon Foundation.
Myanmar Liaison Office
The Nippon Foundation
- Mr. Takehiro UMEMURA
- TEL: +95 18603341
- Email: email@example.com